Your new KFCU Independence Card features the following benefits:
Warranty Manager Service
This service helps you protect and manage your purchases by extending product manufacturer's warranties. Other benefits include:
- Keep track of purchases
- File claims online
- Settle claims faster
To register, visit : VISA Warranty Manager Service
Travel and Emergency Assistance Service
You can count on a wide range of Visa emergency services available whenever and wherever you need them, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You, your spouse, and your children (provided the children are dependents under 22 years old) may all take advantage of these special emergency services:
- Emergency Message Service can record and relay emergency messages for travelers, immediate family members, or business associates.
- Medical Referral Assistance provides medical referral, monitoring, and follow-up. The Benefit Administrator can give you names of English-speaking doctors, dentists, and hospitals; assign a doctor to consult by phone with local medical personnel, if necessary, to monitor your condition, keep in contact with your family, and provide continuing liaison; and help you arrange medical payments from your Visa or personal account.
- Legal Referral Assistance can arrange contact with English-speaking attorneys and with U.S. embassies or consulates if you're detained by local authorities, have a car accident, or need legal assistance. In addition, the Benefit Administrator can coordinate bail payment from your Visa or personal account. The Benefit Administrator can also follow up to make sure bail has been properly handled.
- Emergency Transportation Assistance can help you make all the necessary arrangements for emergency transportation home or to the nearest medical facility. This even includes arranging to bring your young children home and staying in contact with family members or employers. In the case of a death, the Benefit Administrator can make arrangements for returning the remains of the deceased home.
- Emergency Ticket Replacement helps you with the carrier's lost ticket reimbursement procedures if you should lose your ticket and can arrange delivery of a replacement ticket to you.
- Lost Luggage Locator Service can help you through the common carrier's claim procedures or can arrange shipment of replacement items if an airline or common carrier loses your checked luggage. The Benefit Administrator can also arrange a cash advance with your Visa issuing bank.
- Emergency Translation Service provides telephone assistance in all major languages and helps find local interpreters, if available, when you need more extensive assistance.
- Prescription Assistance and Valuable Document Delivery Arrangements can help you get prescriptions filled or replaced, subject to local laws, and can even arrange pickup and delivery of prescriptions filled for you at local or nearby pharmacies. It can also help transport critical documents which you may have left at home or elsewhere.
- Pre-Trip Assistance can give you information on your destination before you leave-information such as ATM locations, currency exchange rates, weather reports, health precautions, immunizations, and required passport visas.
There is no charge for these assistance and referral services; however, you are responsible for the cost of any actual medical, legal, transportation, cash advance, or other services or goods provided.
For more information, visit : VISA Travel and Emergency Assistance Service
Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
Visa credit cardholders receive 24-hour Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver Coverage - at no additional cost - for damage due to collision or theft. Benefits include:
- Collision and theft coverage.
- 24-hour coverage.
- Quick and easy online settlements.
To activate coverage-complete the rental transaction with your covered Visa card and decline the collision damage waiver (CDW) coverage offered by the rental company.
For more information, visit : VISA Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver - Personal
Cardholder Inquiry Service
Cardholder Inquiry Service (CIS) provides customer support for general inquiries, and product or service information to all Visa cardholders. Additional benefits include:
- 24-hour emergency services and customer support to all Visa cardholders around the world, provided by Visa Customer Care Services (VCCS).
- Toll-free number available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Quick and accurate account and card benefit information.
- Product and service information at your fingertips.
- Customer service available in more than 25 languages.
For more information, visit : VISA Cardholder Inquiry Service
Emergency Cash Disbursement
If your card is lost or stolen, Visa cardholders can get an emergency cash advance delivered or a card replaced 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Here's how it works:
- Call Visa Customer Care Services at 1-800-VISA-911 for assistance with card replacement and emergency cash disbursement.
- A representative at Visa Customer Care Services will work with you to arrange a convenient location for you to pick up the cash.
- A representative at Visa Customer Care Services will work with you to arrange a convenient location for you to pick up the card, or will make arrangements for direct delivery.
For more information, visit : VISA Emergency Cash Disbursement & Card Replacement
Lost / Stolen Card Reporting
Enjoy peace of mind knowing that if your Visa card is ever lost or stolen, assistance is only a phone call away. Just call Visa Customer Care Services at 1-800-VISA-911, or one of our toll-free numbers, and a Visa representative will work with you to notify the appropriate parties and replace your card.
For more information, visit : VISA Lost/Stolen Card Reporting
Use your Visa card to shop online, in a store, or anywhere, and you're protected from unauthorized use of your card or account information. With Visa's Zero Liability policy1, your liability for unauthorized transactions is $0 - you pay nothing.
Visa's Zero Liability policy means 100 percent protection for you. Visa's enhanced policy guarantees maximum protection against fraud. You now have complete liability protection for all of your card transactions that take place on the Visa system. Should someone steal your card number while you're shopping, online or off, you pay nothing for their fraudulent activity.
For more information, visit : VISA Zero Liability
1 Covers U.S. issued cards only. Visa's Zero Liability Policy does not apply to commercial credit card, or ATM transactions, or PIN transactions not processed by Visa. Notify your financial institution immediately of any fraudulent use.