Join Kirtland FCU Today!
Our field of membership is more inclusive than you think! There are over 200 ways to qualify for membership at Kirtland FCU! If you don't see an option here that works for you, call our Member Service Center at (505) 254-4369 or toll-free at (888) 880-5328, or visit a branch and we will help determine how you can become a member.
If you align with any of the following groups, you're eligible to become a member of Kirtland FCU.
Who can join Kirtland FCU?
- Family members of all groups listed below (even if the eligible person had/has not elected to join Kirtland FCU), including:
- Grandparents / grandparents-in-law
- Parents / parents-in-law
- Sisters / sisters-in-law
- Brothers / brothers-in-law
- Daughters / daughters-in-law
- Sons / sons-in law
- Any relative living under the same roof as the member
- Any person living under the same roof as the member on a permanent basis who shares expenses
- The spouse of a person who died while in our Field of Membership
- Base contractors, employees, or retirees of businesses who work on or with Kirtland Air Force Base (KAFB) under contract with the U.S. Government
- Employees or retirees of Defense-related Select Employee Groups (SEGs) - businesses who have partnered with KFCU to provide the free, no-liability benefit of membership to their employees
- Members or retirees of all branches of the military and civilian (Civil Service) personnel assigned to KAFB*
- Civilian and military personnel, full-time employees, and attached federal military advisory personnel of the U.S. Reserve Forces and New Mexico National Guardsmen (or retirees) throughout New Mexico
- Veterans who are eligible to join organizations such as the American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW)
- Persons who are eligible by law or regulation to receive, or are receiving, benefits or services from KAFB. (Examples include military dependents or dependent survivors of retired military personnel.)
- Persons retired by the U.S. Government or the New Mexico National Guard as annuitants from KAFB who are eligible by law or regulation to receive and are receiving benefits or services from KAFB.
- Employees and retirees of Kirtland FCU.
* With the exception of employees from Sandia National Labs; however, Department of Energy (DOE) employees are eligible.
How do I join?
You can apply online using the Join Now button above, call us during business hours (including Saturdays from 10:00am to 3:00pm), or stop by any of our convenient branch locations. An initial deposit/balance of $25 into your Main Share (savings) account makes you a part-owner and opens the door to a wide variety of great products and services offered by Kirtland FCU.
If you have your accounts with another financial institution, switching to Kirtland FCU is easy! Our Easy Switch Kit empowers you to move your direct deposits and automatic payments with ease and confidence.
Make Your Business a Select Employee Group Today
Call us today and help make Kirtland FCU benefits and services part of your growing company. Signing up is simple and our friendly representative will help you. Send us a Select Employee Group application online or call (505) 254-4340 today.
Important Information Regarding Procedures for Opening a New Account
In order to help our government in the fight against funding of terrorism & money laundering activities, Federal law requires that all financial institutions obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.